logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Trouble getting some multipolygons to render in mkgmap

From Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net on Fri Sep 24 07:12:15 BST 2010

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting mkgmap to render (using either the default
style or my custom style) some multipolygons which I'm fairly sure are OK.

The first is this one:

The inner water way renders fine, but the outer way (leisure=park /
barrier=wall) only renders the wall and not the park polygon.  It
renders fine both in mapnik and in osmarender.

Another is the paired set of nested multipolygons at the nearby
equestrian club:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/414803 and

These both look fine in mapnik but this time osmarender only shows the
inner multipolygon and mkgmap shows neither.

And finally:

Which renders fine in mapnik and osmarender, but not mkgmap

I'm assuming I somehow tagged these mps wrongly as I created them...can
someone point out my error?  I'm sure it'll be a "doh" moment for me.

--
Charlie