logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Binary-Format

From Scott Crosby scrosby at cs.rice.edu on Fri Sep 24 03:34:29 BST 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:37 PM, aighes <h.scholland at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Geofabrik I found the new pbf-files. They ar much smaller, so I would
> like to use them. Are there any ready-to-use files of osmosis, splitter and
> mkgmap which can use the binary format?

For the splitter and mkgmam, support is in a branch in the subversion repo.
For osmosis, it is in trunk. You'll also need to pull out my git repo that
contains the common code and build that (Or, you can snarf the jar out of
osmosis trunk.)

Which new parameters I have to use for osmosis and splitter?

For osmosis, see my announcement of a release candidate for the options to
use. Note that --write-bin and --read-bin are being replaced by --write-pbf
--read-pbf.

 Scott