logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] line features are converted to a closed way

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Mon Sep 20 16:01:26 BST 2010

charlie at cferrero.net schrieb am 20.09.2010 07:52:
> Personally, I would love it if some logic could be added to mkgmap for
> it to be able to detect whether something is a closed polygon or not,
> which would make it much more robust in these instances.

I would also like to see such a feature, perhaps implemented via a command line
switch.

The problem occurs for me, when I want to display access restrictions on my map.
access=* can be placed on any area element (e.g. amenity=parking) or it can be
placed on any line element e.g. highway=*

Right now there is no way to tell mkgmap, that the polygon rules shall not be
applied to the line elements. If the polygon rules could be limited to closed
polygons only, than this problem would not be solved completely but to a very
large degree. (There can still be line elements forming a closed loop.)

Gruss
Torsten