logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] missing coastline polygon lately

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Sep 9 14:22:58 BST 2010

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 07:01:45PM +0800, maning sambale wrote:
>Am I right to assume that, with generate-sea=polygons a single land
>polygon (with many islands) was created.  So when a single island way
>is unconnected, the whole polygon creation stopped?
>
>Does the  generate-sea=multipolygon resolve this?

I don't know, I have only used generate-sea=multipolygon, which creates
nasty lines around small islands. generate-sea=multipolygon also has the
problem that no polygons are created for islands by default, and thus
islands will not be named by default.

I believe that your original problem was a case of "garbage in, garbage
out". No system can be perfect. My solution is to weed out "noise"
warnings with my logging.ignore file and address every warning that gets
through the filter, either by correcting the map extract (usually map
data) or by adding another exception to the filter. It took some
considerable effort to fix all erroneous roundabouts, turning
restrictions, dead-end oneways and multipolygons.

	Marko