logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap.jar download possibility / license compatitibility

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Sep 5 15:50:08 BST 2010

Hi

> Well linking is not practical, because as said, mkgmap-latest.tar.gz
> includes much stuff different from the plain mkgmap.jar. So unpacking
> via bash/batch is more complicated (subfolder and other stuff).

Well yes, but I'm not really sure what is being asked then.

It fine to host the plain jar file instead of the .zip file.  The
source is the same in either case.

I could probably produce a bare jar file too on the mkgmap site like I
do for the branches.

As an aside, most of what is in the binary distribution shouldn't
be there as it is also in the jar file anyway and it causes
confusion.  A few selected files should be moved to an examples
directory.

..Steve