logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Selecting tiles in QLandkarte GT

From Josef Latt Josef.Latt at gmx.net on Thu Sep 2 07:26:29 BST 2010

Am 02.09.2010 00:47, schrieb Steve Ratcliffe:
> On 01/09/10 21:17, Ralf Kleineisel wrote:

>>> I create the maps on a machine with an AMD Athlon 64 Dualcore.
>>
>> I tried to investigate that problem.
>>
>> For me in mapsource and on my eTrex all tiles are fine. It is not the
>> highest tile number minus 7 but minus 6 (There are 23 SRTM20 tiles, the
>> missing one is nunber 17).
>>
>> In Qlandkartegt one tile is missing. I tested my map from july and from
>> august, same tile both times, contour lines 20 m Hamburg. The july map
>> has 69 OSM tiles, 23 SRTM10 tiles and 23 SRTM20 tiles. The august map
>> has 71 OSM tiles, the SRTM tiles are copied from the older one.
>>
>> Mapsource and the eTrex use the gmapsupp.img. Qlandkartegt uses the
>> individual tiles and the TDB file. So the error might be in the TDB
>> file. Is there a way to check the contents of a TDB file?
>
> Yes there is.  TdbDisplay can do it from the display svn repo.
> If it is OK on mapsource, then maybe it really is qlandkartegt?
>
> If there is somewhere I can download the map I will look into it.

Other maps with the behaviour:

ftp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/misc/openstreetmap/download.openstreetmap.de/aio/velomap/mapsource/velomap_germany.zip

http://osm.arndnet.de/20100831/OSM%20Radkarte%2031.08.2010%20MapSource%20Installer.exe

> If not, you could upload it to http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/

I uploaded my self created map (OSM-Karte.zip).