logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] img subfile extraction

From Alexander Atanasov aatanasov at gmail.com on Thu Aug 26 11:39:39 BST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 1:51 AM, Albert Hattingh <alberthat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there an easy way to extract the sub-files of a Gramin img file, either
> by using some of the mkgmap code or another piece of software?  I am
> interested in delving deeper into the file format and playing around with
> the unknown areas.

svn co http://libgarmin.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/libgarmin/libgarmin/dev
libgarmin

build and in the utils directory there is a garxtract.
garxtract gmapsupp.img filename

give it a dummy filename to see the list of files.
Then extract what you want. .RGN .TRE .NET .NOD ....

But it's better to work with whole files, you need the references
contained in the other files.

This doesn't work for NT maps since size of subfiles is unknown. (they
are contained in the GMP file
probably there is a way to workaround this)

--
have fun,
alex