logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] img subfile extraction

From Garvan garvan.maew at online.com.kh on Thu Aug 26 03:07:17 BST 2010

On 26-Aug-10 05:51, Albert Hattingh wrote:
> Is there an easy way to extract the sub-files of a Gramin img file,
> either by using some of the mkgmap code or another piece of software?  I
> am interested in delving deeper into the file format and playing around
> with the unknown areas.
>
> Albert

I think most people use a command line utility called gmt. It is bundled
with another utility called GMapTool (a GUI front end for gmt) which
might be easier to find in Google, but the GUI tool is flagged as a
virus by my anti-virus program, so I deleted it and just use the command
line version.

Garvan