logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Basic Subversion commands and applying patches

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Aug 11 10:17:43 BST 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 08:48:26AM +0000, Chris Miller wrote:
>A good IDE (Integrated Development Environment) will make life a lot
>easier for you. It will automatically sync your local source code with
>the subversion repository so you can periodically pick up any code
>updates.

I haven't needed any IDE to date, if GNU Emacs does not count. I write C
code for my living. Here are some commands that I use:

# check out the source code repository (only once)
svn checkout http://svn.parabola.me.uk/mkgmap/trunk mkgmap

cd mkgmap
#update to the newest revision
svn update