logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn restriction for highway=motorway[_link]

From Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com on Mon Aug 9 23:04:40 BST 2010

On 9 August 2010 05:56, Marko Mäkelä <marko.makela at iki.fi> wrote:

> I think that it has to be done on a case-by-case basis. If there is a
> lesser road nearby, then the default (bicycle=no) is OK. If there is no
> other practical choice or there is only light traffic on the road, then
> bicycle=yes makes sense. I would say that bicycle=no is a sensible
> default for highway=trunk.

It isn't. bicycle=no means that bicycles are legally precluded from
using the road. Nothing on the wiki indicates that this should be
assumed and many countries use trunk to tag roads that are both legal
and (in many cases) appropriate for bicycles.

Dermot