logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn restriction for highway=motorway[_link]

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Aug 4 20:19:56 BST 2010

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 08:57:42PM +0200, WanMil wrote:
>> El 04/08/10 17:10, Marko Mäkelä escribió:
>>> Unless you can provide an example where a two-way motorway link that is
>>> tagged as oneway=no is misbehaving, I think we should leave the default
>>> style as is. (A lazy mapper could forget the oneway=yes, assuming that
>>> "everyone knows" that motorway links are oneway, and you could get bogus
>>> instructions "leave the motorway at the next entry (not exit)".)
>>>
>> I think that is reasonable, so leave the default style as it is now.
>
>Marko,
>I think you should remove the add oneway=yes.
>There are a lot of highway=motorway_link that are no oneways and are not
>tagged with oneway=no. Most mappers do not use oneway=no, because the
>common understanding of oneway is that oneway=no is superfluous.
>I know that most of these links should be referenced by two ways, but at
>the moment they aren't.
>
>I have started a quick look around. In each country I needed 1 try only
>to get a motorway_link without a oneway tag, where it should be oneway=no.
>France: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/30069642
>Germany: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/4927295
>Luxemburg: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/23002279
>Swiss: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/57727007
>Italy: seems to be ok (I didn't find a quick example)

Let's see:

osmosis --rx finland.osm --tf accept-ways highway=motorway_link --tf
reject-ways oneway=\* --used-node --wx finland-motorway_link.osm

yielded 101 ways. I checked some 10 of them, and all should have been
oneway=yes.

I have no strong opinion on this. If nobody objects, I will remove the
add oneway=yes from highway=motorway_link next week.

	Marko