logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with options

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Aug 1 23:11:42 BST 2010

On 08/01/2010 10:19 PM, David wrote:
> With version 1667, I am not able to use my custom style file. If I
> launch the command java -enableassertions -Xmx1024M mkgmap.jar
> --style-file=./styles (or ./styles.zip) --list-style the result is the
> list of the styles contained in my ./styles directory or my archive
> styles.zip. if I define these options in a text file called with -c
> argument, it does not work despite dozens other options are well read

I could not reproduce this at my first try.  It is mostly the same
code that reads the options from the command line and from a file so
that when there is a difference it is usually some combination of
events that leads to it.

When you say version 1667 has the problem, do you mean that an earlier
version did not, or that you have just noticed the problem.

> I also noted lots of "GRAVE" errors  for RoadNetwork linked to zero
> length arc at level 17 (I thought routing worked only at the finest LOD
> of the map (24 in my case).

It is true that routing is based on the most detailed level of the
map.  The GRAVE errors really shouldn't be printed as they are not
really errors - there is nothing that you can or should do about them.

..Steve