logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Known issues wiki page

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Fri Jul 30 02:31:01 BST 2010

Hi Charlie!

One remark to the address search: Is there are a possibility to
distinguish between problems caused by mkgmap and problems caused by Garmin?

In many Garmin-Forums I find e.g. messages, that address search does not
even work with maps that come from Garmin, especially on Oregon devices.

So how should a mkgmap developer solve such a problem if Garmin itself
is not capable of doing it?

So the POI search is a wonderful workaround.
Perhaps we could improve this workaround, but I have no idea, how.

Dani