logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap-dev Digest, Vol 24, Issue 23

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Fri Jul 23 02:04:12 BST 2010

Alan Millar wrote:

>> Or it is an american term that is uncommon by the British? ;-)
>>

> That may be true, but as an American I would say it is uncommon in America
> also :-)

LOL!
> A few people use it; see for example:
>
> http://www.lat-long.com/ListLocations-1-Illinois-Gut.html
>
> That site also refers to a gut as an inlet or slough.  Those are much more
> common words in America. I wonder who picked "gut" for the Garmin usage?
> Interesting.

Really funny.
I must confess that I didn't think about the subtype. I just wondered, why an Island was under "water types" in my menu. And so I suggested to change the type.
But I learned a lot of interesting things in this discussuion. :-)))

Summasummarum my point of view of the Garmin devices has not changed:
They make really good hardware but the software would really need to be improved. When I look at the chaos in an official Garmin forum I doubt that they have a software development process.

Viele Grüße von Dani