logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Strange strings in addresses (r1654)

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Mon Jul 19 22:00:58 BST 2010

On Jul 19, 2010, at 20:02, Daniela Duerbeck wrote:

> Hi Clinton!
>> Hm... with my Geofabrik extract and Mkgmap 1652 I get the following:
>>
>> Rablstrasse 45
>> 81669, München, DE, DE
>>
>> Which, aside from the DE, DE part, seems to be correct. I'll try updating mkgmap and recompiling to see if that makes a difference.
>>
>> If it does not make a difference, then either something in the mkgmap options or in the JRE/OS may be causing the problem.
>>
> I do not think so. It is a very strange bug. It changes for example
> even, if the osm file, the styles, the mkgmap etc. remain the same and
> just the typ file is changed.

I noticed that you do not set the region name or abbreviation. Perhaps you could try that? I seem to be getting pretty consistent results, but I always compile with the following options:

--country-name="$OSM_COUNTRY" --country-abbr=$OSM_COUNTRY_ABR \
--region-name="$OSM_REGION" --region-abbr=$OSM_REGION_ABR \

(With appropriate variable substitution, of course.)

Cheers.