logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Telephones, internet_access

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Jul 15 21:35:38 BST 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 03:38:36PM +0200, Daniela Duerbeck wrote:
>Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 02:02:42AM +0200, Daniela Duerbeck wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a possibility to not show telephones in large zoom levels?
>>> Garmin thinks they are really important, so they show up everywhere.
>>>
>> 0x2f12 you mean? I haven't paid attention to that one, because the
>> last public phones disappeared some 5 years ago. Resolution 21 is a
>> bit high, unless you treat the last remaining public phones as
>> historic monuments (touristic attractions).
>>
>I meant normal telephones (0051), not emergency phones (2f12).

There is no 0x0051 in the mkgmap default style, except in the polygons
file, for natural=marsh|mud|wetland. In garmin_feature_list.csv, I see
0x5100 for telephone:

point|0x10|0x51|0x00|misc|telephone|Telephone

I don't remember seeing that code in a Where To? menu entry in my Edge 705.

>> On a more serious note, we have already recycled the "utility" POI
>> (0x2f15) to recycling. Could we use 0x2f12 also for
>> internet_access=*?
>>
>Who is "we"?

"The mkgmap developers." I maintain the default style.

Best regards,

	Marko