logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] out of memory error

From Chris Miller chris_overseas at hotmail.com on Sun Jul 11 11:33:18 BST 2010

Hi Francois,

OK, how many areas do you have in areas.list? Note that the --max-nodes value
is only used in the first stage of the split to determine how the map should
be subdivided, but since you're specifying an areas.list file the first stage
of the split isn't required and hence --max-nodes won't get used (which isn't
a problem, I'm just explaining how it works).

I'd suggest you try setting --max-areas to a value less than the number of
areas in your areas.list. That will cause the split to run in multiple passes,
which takes longer but also requires less memory. For example, if you have
150 areas, setting --max-areas=50 will cause the splitter to run 3 passes,
using about 1/3 much memory for each pass.

Chris