logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Telephones, internet_access

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Jul 8 07:41:44 BST 2010

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 02:02:42AM +0200, Daniela Duerbeck wrote:
>Is there a possibility to not show telephones in large zoom levels?
>Garmin thinks they are really important, so they show up everywhere.

Could Garmin think that they are useful for emergency telephones on
motorways when you are driving across the state to pay your utility bill
in cash?

0x2f12 you mean? I haven't paid attention to that one, because the last
public phones disappeared some 5 years ago. Resolution 21 is a bit high,
unless you treat the last remaining public phones as historic monuments
(touristic attractions).

On a more serious note, we have already recycled the "utility" POI
(0x2f15) to recycling. Could we use 0x2f12 also for internet_access=*?

	Marko