logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] error with overlays stylefile

From Martin Simon grenzdebil at gmail.com on Tue Jun 22 08:09:02 BST 2010

2010/6/21 aighes <h.scholland at googlemail.com>:

> Thanks a lot! This was the thing I had forgotten.

Hi!

Could someone point me to some explanaition of this "overlays" feature?

I'm curious about this for quite some time now, but never found
anything useful about it. What is it capable of?

I'm currently processing more than 5 different layers (main, maxspeed,
landuse, things conflicting with the main layer like navigable areas
or fences tagged to areas and oneway arrows...) with mkgmap when I
rebuild my map - only to put them together into one gmapsupp.img in
the end. I think doing things quicker if I needed only 2 or 3 runs.
(one for all layers sharing a .TYP file?)

Is it possible to switch overlays on and off in the device, like it's
possible with my current map layers?

Thanks,

Martin