logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New, faster splitter

From Chris Miller chris_overseas at hotmail.com on Thu Jun 10 00:21:21 BST 2010

Hi Marko,

>> * WARNING: No valid existing cache found but caching was requested. *
>>
> Ahh... good catch. I hadn't considered the case where you supply an
> areas.list file. In that situation, if (and only if) a single pass is
> required during the split then there's no need to build a cache even
> when reading from stdin. I'll see if I can do something sensible, ie
> only create a cache if one is actually required.

I've just checked in r112 which should address this. You no longer need to
specify a --cache parameter with stdin and --split-file if there's only one
pass required. Additionally, if you do specify a --cache parameter but only
one pass ends up being required, no cache will be generated anyway since
it would only slow things down.

Chris