logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin Car SatNav recommendations

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Fri Jun 4 16:36:07 BST 2010

El 04/06/10 02:26, Greg Troxel escribió:
> I am using an Etrex Vista HCx with mkgmap with good results.  A friend
> has an oregon 450 which seems ok in terms of maps/routing (waas issues,
> apparently no way to display seconds for camera sync, awkward tracklog
> saving).
>
> I am unclear on how the nuvi line works for OSM, but it's a good question.
I use an Etrex Legend HCx and a nüvi 300, both with good results. For in
car use+error search I find much more useful the nüvi, so I would
suggest this option. You may have to tune styles files and play around
with mkgmap options to fit your needs, but even using default style I
would say most errors you may find will be data errors rather than
device errors.