logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Really Serious bug when not using --route

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Thu May 27 23:29:28 BST 2010

On 28.05.2010 00:21, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

>> You need to combine two different maps of the same area (so most often
>> one being contourlines) into the same mapset (meaning same tdb/overview
>> image/mdr/....).
>>
> OK I have finally reproduced it with your map.
>
> It seems that in fact you have two different map sets with different
> family/tdb/etc.

No it's originally two different maps, but they are joined into the same
mapset so they become one map. So if joined, they have the same
family/tdb/etc. (on the GPS the error occurs also if they are really two
different maps, the chance that the error occurs is less likely, as it
can only happen on tile boundaries I think, but there it does happen and
it does crash the GPS (in worst case if maps installed to internal
memory and you can't power on the GPS anymore this means sending the GPS
by post to Garmin to delete the offending map)
> When I switch to the non-routable one and attempt to draw a route
> it tries to calculate a route and usually fails.
>
> I'll try to create a smaller example so I can investigate.

Go for it, but I don't think it'll be easy to solve.