logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Really Serious bug when not using --route

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed May 26 22:40:07 BST 2010

> already inflicting Mapsource 6.16.1 and Basecamp 3.

OK so I upgraded to 6.16.1, had to upgrade twice to get there.

> This means that also if you compile maps that are not routable, you have
> to pass the --route parameter. Else the GPS / Mapsource looks into an
> empty NOD table and may crash. This will happen as soon as you mix
> routable maps with the non routable mkgmap created maps.

Now how exactly do I reproduce the problem?
I've not been able to.

If the flag is in TRE, then my first guess would be within
the 3 bytes from 0x43.
We don't know exactly what they are for, but some of the bits
at least affect routing (see:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2009q1/001473.html)

Please try the attached patch.

..Steve