logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Maintaining generated sea polygons

From Werner Huth wernerhuth at valaquenta.de on Sun May 23 17:14:35 BST 2010

Minko schrieb:
> Hi,
>

> I don't know if this is the same problem as Nop described,
> but lately I found that on my map some sea areas were gone in the Netherlands:
> see http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9992/errorcoastline.jpg
>
> On osm it looks ok:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.817&lon=4.955&zoom=10&layers=B000FTF
>
> Im using the geofabrik abstract from europe to compile my benelux map,
> Any idea how to fix this? I tried another abstract (planet-benelux) but this gave the same results.
>
> Is it caused by the splitter? Is it an error in de osm data?
> In the mkgmap args i use generate-sea: no-mp,extend-sea-sectors,close-gaps=1000
> and it never went wrong except for the last two weeks.
I used splitter and mkgmap to compile a map of Finland, based on
geofabrik- data. The map was defective: For example, Savonlinna was
flooded; on the other side, some lakes in the Saimaa- region were
displayed as land, their islands as lakes.
IN THIS CASE, the splitter caused the errors: Increasing the overlap-
parameter from 2000 (which is default) to 8000 solved the problem.

Werner

--
Werner Huth
Am Hörn 14, 24326 Ascheberg