logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Another question to "Fix my address"

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Wed May 12 22:40:27 BST 2010

On 12.05.2010 23:36, Daniela Duerbeck wrote:
> Felix Hartmann wrote:
>> Only certain types allow to show additional info. See older discussion.
>
> Is there a complete list of which POIs allow it and which not?
>> The patch resulting from there, is not submitted to trunk. Hence all
>> POI have "fix my address" but no GPS will ever show it, nor
>> Mapsource. It only serves QlandkarteGT.
> So would it not be acceptable to remove the "Fix my address"
> alltogether for those people that have not much space on their units?
>
> I mean, does this info help in any way? When I see that a restaurant
> has no address info I know, I could add it with or without this info.
> But it increases the gmapsupp file size. And this was the main topic
> of a user that asked to remove this info.
>
> Dani
If I remember it was you or someone else who insisted that this
information were usable, hence the patch was not applied to trunk. The
list of POI where address info is used, can be found in the older topic.
No other POI are usable for additional info. The patch also removes the
fix my address.