logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Another question to "Fix my address"

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Wed May 12 22:36:03 BST 2010

Felix Hartmann wrote:
> Only certain types allow to show additional info. See older discussion.

Is there a complete list of which POIs allow it and which not?
> The patch resulting from there, is not submitted to trunk. Hence all POI
> have "fix my address" but no GPS will ever show it, nor Mapsource. It
> only serves QlandkarteGT.

So would it not be acceptable to remove the "Fix my address" alltogether
for those people that have not much space on their units?

I mean, does this info help in any way? When I see that a restaurant has
no address info I know, I could add it with or without this info. But it
increases the gmapsupp file size. And this was the main topic of a user
that asked to remove this info.

Dani