logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Add link-to-tags features that behaves like the link-pois-to-ways Command for the lines style-file

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Mon May 10 23:58:58 BST 2010

On 11.05.2010 00:49, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
> Hi
>
> So do you mean:
>

>> rule is given. Quick example
>> lanes=2&   oneway=yes { add mkgmap:road-speed = '+1'; add
>> mkgmap:road-class = '+1'; set rule=1 }
>> highway=primary&   maxspeed=100 {road_class=3 road_speed=4 0x02]
>>
> If the tags are: highway=primary, maxspeed=100
> then you get road_class=3
>
> and with the tags highway=primary, maxspeed=100, lanes=2, oneway=yes
> you get road_class=4?
>
> If so I have an idea of how that could be done.

Yes. But this was a bad example. My second example of incline is much
more useful for "everyone" (except hikers and mountainbikers or cyclists
who like to go uphill).
It should work just like the link pois to ways is working, but based on
tags. Plus the possibility for stopping the execution (because then you
can have seperate actions for big streets vs small streets vs
tracks/pathes).

Oh and also introduce a max setting (besides the obvious limits of 0-4
for roadclass and 0-7 for roadspeed) as for many kind of streets high
roadspeed is actually devastating. The max however should be the last
action when several rules are enacted on the same street. So if
roadspeed=1 and then three times +1 roadspeed and once -1 roadspeed and
max_roadspeed=3, max_roadspeed is set to three and not two....

This would really be a great addition because it makes the style-file
less abstact and more focussed on how one would assess the routing from
human perspective (it's going up heavily, I have to drive slower....).