logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Add link-to-tags features that behaves like the link-pois-to-ways Command for the lines style-file

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sun May 9 22:55:12 BST 2010

On 09.05.2010 23:51, Felix Hartmann wrote:
> I am coming to a point when maintaining my lines file, that adding a
> single key on top, means 200-300 lines more. This is becoming
> unmaintainable.  It would be great to have the option to have rules
> just like the ones we have for POI that one can run on certain keys.
>
> e.g.
> lanes=2 & oneway=yes { add mkgmap:road-speed = '-1'; add
> mkgmap:road-class = '-1'; }
> This should then be matched to all lines that are generated after this
> command. As this is already possible for POI, I hope someone could
> without much effort implement this for rules based on tags too. This
> would be very useful as it saves many many lines of code. Currently if
> you would like to do something like this, it means that you have to
> add the rule to every line (with autorouting) in your lines file. This
> is okay for one or to tags (like some people do for maxspeed), but it
> becomes impossible to keep track once you have 10 tags you like to be
> enacted.
>
> If there are several rules matching, they should simply add up. (or
> equalise themselves if +1 meets -1...)
>

> It would be really great if someone could implement this feature. As
> it exists already for POI when using link-pois-to-ways I have the
> great hope that it is easy to implement and program and someone finds
> some spare time to do it. This could really help to avoid creating a
> ton of rules and open up many new possibilities to much better
> finetune road_class and road_speed.
>

>  It would be a plus, if one could only "apply" this rule until a stop
> rule is given. Quick example
> lanes=2 & oneway=yes { add mkgmap:road-speed = '+1'; add
> mkgmap:road-class = '+1'; set rule=1 }
> highway=primary & maxspeed=100 {road_class=3 road_speed=4 0x02]
> highway=primary ....
> highway=secondary...
> rule=1 {stop execution}

Just to give some really useful example why we need this....
/
incline>20 | incline<-20 { add mkgmap:road-speed = '+1'; add
mkgmap:road-class = '+1'; set rule=1 }/
could be used to give much more realistic time estimates and prefer
streets through the valley instead of driving "over the mountain".