logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New mkgmap styles

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Sat May 8 00:07:43 BST 2010

Clinton Gladstone wrote:
> 3. A Perl script then adjusts the TYP file family and product IDs to
> match that of the map being generated.

Aahh. :-) I made a program that patches this number. Oops, I think, I
patch just the family-id, not the product-id. Is this necessary?
> 4. The adjusted TYP file is then passed as a parameter to mkgmap as
> the map is generated.

So do I.
But I need nevertheless two typ files and two style files (for the
Oregon and the Etrex).
When I use certain numbers they can be good for the Etrex but harmful
for the Oregon. (The Oregon gets lost in a boot up and crash cycle)
> Therefore, I would suggest that you think about distributing your TYP
> file, potentially with the style files, but note that users will have
> to adjust the name and IDs when they generate their own maps.

And a certain note would also not be wrong: "Use it at your own risk".
"If you have a sd-Card inside your unit use it rather on the sd card
than on the flash space of your unit."
This file is tested on a Garmin "whatever", so I am pretty sure, that it
workes for Garmin devices of this type.

Dani (just to be sure ...)