logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Another question to "Fix my address"

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Fri May 7 23:54:44 BST 2010

Hi!

I am not sure, but do I see it correctly that now POIs that cannot have
an address information do not get it showed, even if there is one supplied?

Or does Garmin prevent to show address info for such POIs?

I ask because I personally like to reuse unused POIs (like Marine POIs)
to give other infos to them.

So for me personally it would be better to add address info if there is
one supplied and omit the "Fix my address"-info, if there is no address
info. That would also satisfy the people that are "flash space oriented"
since the boring "Fix my address" would not come if there is no such
info in the database.

E.G:: I use amenity=taxi [0x2f16 resolution 20]
In Munich, these points have official names, that is in most cases the
street nearby, most of them have a phone number, but they have no
"legal" address.
So in my maps, I find the "Fix my address" nevertheless for these
points. But I get the phone number what can be very useful.

I would propose just to show all of the address info that is supplied in
the database and omit the "Fix my address" generally.

And: There are many restaurants, etc. that are just mapped, also without
further address info. I think that these will get their address infos
with or without the "Fix my address" hint. And people who just want to
find the next "italian restaurant" can navigate to it anyway.

Dani