logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New mkgmap styles

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri May 7 18:13:53 BST 2010

Thanks to Ralf Kleinesel, I successfully created a map with three
layers, using three different styles:

* default: the basic map
* routes: public transportation (bus, rail, ferry)
* control: traffic_calming=* points (for now; later, could display zebra
crossings, traffic lights, speed limits, oneway streets and so on)

I would like to commit the "routes" and "control" styles to mkgmap
within a couple of days. If anyone has any objections, speak up now.

The "routes" style misuses line styles 0x1d, 0x1e for bus and rail
routes. These are good, because they are visible at almost any detail or
zoom level. That is, the rail routes will not disappear when you zoom to
wider than 500m, even though railways disappear. I created a custom TYP
file with http://ati.land.cz/gps/typdecomp/editor.cgi for the line
patterns and I plan to publish the TYP file at
http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/ along with all other files.

I believe that these layer style files would have to include a TYP file.
I don't have a clear idea how to package the TYP files. Can mkgmap look
for TYP files inside a style directory? Should it?

	Marko