logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] residental area and narrow_gauge railway

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed May 5 20:37:47 BST 2010

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 10:32:48PM +0400, Maks Vasilev wrote:
>> What are these needed for? I haven't tested it, but I got the
>> impression that since the style branch was merged to trunk, mkgmap
>> can translate the same line into both a polygon and a line. Or do you
>> need "continue" for that?
>
>I found in OSM more object that have boundary=administrative &
>admin_level<9 ( see
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dadministrative  ) and
>landuse=residential tag. It's a village, hamlet, suburbs.

That's what I thought, but why can't you generate both a boundary line
and a landuse polygon for these areas? In the past it used to be that
only one of the "polygons" and "lines" files would match, but I think
someone mentioned that the restriction was lifted in the style branch.

I will test the landuse=residential tomorrow and correct it if needed.
For what it is worth, resources/garmin_feature_list.csv documents 0x02
as "City2" and it does not document 0x10 at all. Some time ago, I did
test 0x04 on my Edge 705, and it was displayed different from the
default yellow.

	Marko