logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Unusable maps generated from geofabrik-europe

From Chris Miller chris_overseas at hotmail.com on Tue May 4 20:51:35 BST 2010

> El 02/05/10 20:51, Felix Hartmann escribió:

> problem. Any attempt to use lower max-nodes resulted in the following
> error:
> Splitting nodes into areas containing a maximum of 150.000 nodes
> each...
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StackOverflowError
> at
> uk.me.parabola.splitter.DensityMap.xToLon(DensityMap.java:205)

This particular one is a bug in the splitter. I think what's happening is
that even though we've split down to the smallest area possible, there's
still more than 150,000 nodes in that area so the splitter recurses infinitely
and blows the stack. I *thought* I'd added a check for that but I guess not...
I'll take a look. About the best I'd be able to do in that situation is to
print an error and still create an area that contains more than --max-nodes.

Chris