logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with Russian landuse multipolygons

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat May 1 21:32:41 BST 2010

Hi WanMil, all,

Someone has apparently started to import landuse multipolygons in
Russia. I keep getting errors for them. Some multipolygons only have
"outer" lines.  Here are a few examples:

These are fully within the Geofabrik extract that I have been using.  I
recently edited the Geofabrik polygon so that no lake multipolygons or
natural=coastline islands are severed.

Here is one example that is drawn over an existing island multipolygon:

If you download this multipolygon and some surroundings, you should soon
get the idea what is wrong with these imports.

If the multipolygon handler cannot be made any more robust, then I would
appreciate some option that would ignore certain types of multipolygons.

Best regards,

	Marko