logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] reduce-point-density vs. remove-short-arcs

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Thu Apr 29 11:25:05 BST 2010

Hi,

I was wondering what is the difference between --remove-short-arcs and
--reduce-point-density. Their description differs (short-arcs says it
removes things that cause "routing problems", while point-density seems
some sort of general simplification), but I'd think that using
--reduce-point-density would mean that there's no short-arcs left
afterwards, or are there? I.e. is there any cross effect between the two?

(I now have -remove-short-arcs=5.5, but that's probably purely for
historical reasons).

Best regards,

Valentijn