logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] a FIXME map style

From maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com on Sun Apr 18 08:37:22 BST 2010

Attached is the test map of the fixme garmin map I made this week.

The data are the following:
osm - to get unnamed roads (from the noname style)
Openstreetbug reports
keepright reports

In the styles, I mainly recycled unused Marine codes.  I also copied
existing OSB and keepright icons in the typ.

Compile syntax are as follows:
time java -Xmx1512m -jar
/home/maning/osm/routable_garmin/mkgmap/trunk/dist/mkgmap.jar
--code-page=1252 --ea --tdbfile --latin1 --country-abbr=PHI
--country-name=PHILIPPINES --remove-short-arcs=5 --transparent
--family-id=640 --family-name="FIXME" --ignore-osm-bounds
--overview-mapname=40000001 --series-name="FIXME"
--description="FIXME"
--style-file=/home/maning/osm/routable_garmin/svn/styles/fixme *.osm

Now a couple of questions.
1.  Even though the points style includes only places=*, osb and
keepright code assignment, I still get other POIs in the map (hotels,
shops, etc).  Why is this so?
2. I activated the transparent switch in order to integrate the map
into the regular maps.  However, in etrex is see the keepright POIs
underneath the roads.