logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap and relation 406175

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Apr 15 18:03:29 BST 2010

> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Apollinaris Schoell
> <aschoell at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> relation looks good. You should try to create just a single tile first to see if it's mkgmap or splitter.
>> splitter clips ways from relations outside of the tile and this is a known problem. recent versions of mkgmap can repair in most cases by closing the multipolygon at the tile boundary. But it doesn't work in very complex situations.
>> I see similar problems on large lakes, national park, …
>
> I just tried it with a single .osm file that was not processed with
> splitter and the relation is not rendered.  I used the XAPI to
> download the extract rather than using the planet file this time
> around.  I verified that the relation is completely included in the
> extract.
>
> I've put the source files and the results at<http://161.210.45.126/>
> if someone wants to take a look.

I have one note:
The wiki tells us something about tagging of multipolygons:
"It is suggested to apply all tags which describe the area to the
relation, and not to the ways. In many cases this may result in
completely untagged ways."
This means: if only one of the ways used for the relation is not
completely tagged it may break the complete multipolygon.

The mp 406715 does not follow this rule. I don't know if that's a
problem or not but you may consider to tag the multipolygon instead of
all ways.

WanMil