logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Africa Extract from Geofabrik using --route

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Apr 12 11:44:53 BST 2010

On 12/04/10 11:21, Felix Hartmann wrote:

> On 12.04.2010 12:10, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
>>
>>> Great. I really do wonder if all the people that compile worldwide maps,
>>> use --keep-going and therefore don't encounter such problems.
>>
>> They may not get the actual crash - I don't on the small extract.  I
>> just get the message that the division is too small to split. That is
>> still going to give a faulty map though at least in the affected region.
>>
>> ..Steve
> So you mean whenever there is "the division is too small to split", the
> affected region is faulty?

There is likely to be a problem, although as we don't always know what
the limits actually are, there could be cases where it is all right.

In this area there is definitely a data problem.
Eg: The way: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/27294429
has lots of repeated nodes.

This one has the same problem

..Steve