logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] regression in r1431

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Thu Apr 8 21:19:07 BST 2010

Hi list,

I found a grave routing difference between mkgmap r1430 and r1431, when
I set routing to "bicycle", "shortest route". r1430 (and older) sends me
right to my target; r1432 (and newer) meanders around like there's no
other things to do than pedaling around in the countryside. Really: a
mere 15 kilometer trip will increase to 57 kilometers!

I'd guess this is mainly because of:
-highway=unclassified [0x06 road_class=1 road_speed=2 resolution 21]
+highway=unclassified [0x06 road_class=0 road_speed=3 resolution 21]

... but other factors in r1431 may add to this. As far as I can see from
the mailing list, r1431 patch *improves* routing over large distances
(see mailing list, messages with subject "Patch for better Autorouting",
2009-12-01 and further).

Now what to do? (Maybe it's time to have a separate bicycle routing
style in mkgmap?)

Best regards,

Valentijn