logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Shuttle-Train

From Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net on Wed Mar 31 09:38:43 BST 2010

0> In article <hoi3c2$dqb$1 at dough.gmane.org>,
0> Chris-Hein Lunkhusen <URL:mailto:chris66nrw at gmx.de> ("CL") wrote:

CL> I don't think it's possible to make a routable way out of a relation
CL> with mkgmap.

Marko has responded to this whilst I was away; I confess I don't fully
grok relations processing, as I've never written any myself.

The issue with connections at the level crossings isn't avoidable *with
the current mkgmap* - but as this is the development list, I hope it's
something that can be developed.  :-)

CL> So, I choosed the simplest solution and mapped the line as
CL> route=shuttle_train.

Sounds like a good short-term plan.  But it would be nice to improve the
tools to cope with the more world-oriented representation.

Anyway, I'm glad you have something that works for you.  Ignore me if
I'm too much of an idealist!