logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] a FIXME map style

From Christoph Wagner freemaps.osm at googlemail.com on Mon Mar 29 10:38:26 BST 2010

2010/3/29 maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Just got this idea of creating Garmin maps designed for fixing the
> data (I use Garmin primarily to collect and fix OSM).  Some have
> started doing this like the nonames style and the All in One Garmin
> (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:All_in_one_Garmin_Map#Openstreetbugs),
> but I hope to expand the style to include all the QA tools available
> in OSM.  Some data/style we can integrate are:
>
>    * No name roads (use the noname style)
>    * Openstreetbug reports
>    * Keep Right reports
>    * POI with names but no other tags
>
> Anyone doing a similar map?  Maybe you can share some tools.

Hi, I make the Garmin All in One Map and your suggestion sounds very cool.
Do you want to help me to make the fixme-layer better?
At the moment you can see unnamed residentials and note-tags with this layer.
Thats not so much. But we could integrate all the other fixme-stuff.

I thought it is cool to have a git repository for working together at
the mkgmap styles.
You can get it here:

git clone git://github.com/aiomaster/aiostyles.git

If you have a solution to build this fixme stuff for garmins I would
be glad to integrate it and update the styles and my build process.

Thanks!
Christoph