logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question to --add-pois-to-areas

From Martin Simon grenzdebil at gmail.com on Mon Mar 29 00:15:56 BST 2010

2010/3/29 Daniela Duerbeck <daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de>:
> Hi Martin!
>> No, area=yes is not needed, because as opposed to a node, when a way
>> gets tagged with "building=*", it's clear that it's meant to be an
>> area.
>> You only need area=yes for ways that normally aren't areas, such as
>> highway=residential.
>>

> But the Aldi is not found when I search for Supermarkets or by Name.

OK, I just checked my own garmin map and the Aldi is present and searchable.

It was catched by this line in my points-file:

shop=supermarket [0x2e02 resolution 20]

Looks like some rule catched it before.

Do you have a rule for buildings or housenumbers in your points-file?
And is it above the supermarket rule?

if so, just move it somewhere below - always make sure the "more
important" rules are on top or use "continue" if you want both to be
triggered.

-Martin