logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Shuttle-Train

From Chris-Hein Lunkhusen chris66nrw at gmx.de on Fri Mar 26 10:47:32 GMT 2010

Toby Speight schrieb:

> CL> Map this beast with a new way (railway=shuttle or something like
> CL> that).
>
> That first solution is probably simpler than
>
> CL> Or implement a mkgmap option to unglue railway_crossings.
>
> I have a third idea, similar to the first - does a route relation make
> sense for this?

I don't think it's possible to make a routable way out of a
relation with mkgmap.

So, I choosed the simplest solution and mapped the line
as route=shuttle_train.

By adding a line like:

 route=shuttle_train  [0x16 road_class=3 road_speed=1 resolution 18]

it's possible to create a map which is able to route to sylt.

BUT: In MapSource I have the same problem as for the ferry line
Emden-Borkum : If the route is too complicated(!?) MS
switches to direct-line routing. :-(

See attached screen shot.

Chris