logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] nodes on boundary

From Garvan & maew garvan.maew at online.com.kh on Thu Mar 25 13:54:04 GMT 2010

Carsten Schwede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 25.03.2010 10:42, schrieb garvan.maew at online.com.kh:
>
>> Before splitting the nodes are like this

>>    A-------------B
>>

> Right.
>

>> After splitting the nodes are like this
>> with a new node S inserted into A-B.
>>
>>    Tile1 #  Tile2
>>          #
>>          #       C
>>          #       |
>>    A-----S-------B
>>          #       |
>>          #       |
>>          #       D
>>

> No there isnt a new node S after cutting.
>
> After cutting the tiles look like this:
>
> Tile 1
>
>   A-------------B
>

> Tile 2
>
> The boundary node is now B. Its apperas in both tiles.
>

>> The node S must appear in both tiles and be flagged as a boundary node
>> in both for routing to work.
>>

> So I think it could be ok with B tagged as boundary node in both tiles.
>

>> You are unlikely to need to use this tag unless you are splitting your
>> maps using some external tool because - as I understand it - if you
>>

> I use a own tile splitter.

I think you got it right, although I have not tested it yet, and it is
different than the way gpsmapedit does it. If B is tagged as a boundary
node in both tiles then it should work. That is the way it works in
other garmin map compilers, so it should be an underlying feature of the
garmin format.

Garvan