logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suppress POI names displayed on device

From charlie at cferrero.net charlie at cferrero.net on Tue Mar 23 15:37:14 GMT 2010

Du Plessis, Bennie (Bennie.DuPlessis at sappi.com) wrote:

> Hi,
> [snip]
> Also with POIs with custom symbols, I don't want to see the names, until
> asked for;)
> I have a feeling this is done in the TYP file but cannot determine how.
>
> (I use TYPViewer to convert TYP to TXT and modify it, and MapSetToolkit
> to convert TXT to TYP)
>
> BennieD
Bennie,

You can use extended labels in your TYP file to hide any labelling.
In TYPViewer, once you have opened the TYP:
- click on the POI in question and edit it ("modifier")
- set "label amelioré" to "oui" (i.e. extended labels to "yes")
- set "Style de police" to "Pas de label (invisible)"

You can also compile TXT files to TYP using TYPViewer, in case you
didn't know this.

--
Charlie