logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] map detects barriers like gate as passable by motor vehicle when it is only restricted to pedestrians

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sun Mar 21 21:25:46 GMT 2010

Hi Paul,

> Hmm, I would have thought "permissive" would have been the same as
> "destination" but with preference given to permissive routes as a
> tiebreaker.

The Garmin doesn't do "permissive" - it really only does yes or no so
the choice is one of:

permissive = yes

permissive = no

permissive is ignored

Yonks ago I decided that permissive was more like yes than no so
that's how it is treated in mkgmap.

> Does it still route down a "no" or "private" if there's not any other
> option?

I think that's the case but I haven't checked for a long time.

Mark