logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] setting display_name to "name "

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Sun Mar 21 13:44:21 GMT 2010

On Mar 21, 2010, at 14:21, Felix Hartmann wrote:

> It seems that dipslay_name internally in mkgmap is not allowed to be set
> to "name". If identical it will not be set at all. Or is this really a
> Garmin limitation?
> To me it seems to be rather an mkgmap bug.

As far as I can tell, this behaviour was added by Mark's highway shield "crap" patch.

I think this change in Subdivision.java is responsible:

				if(trSansGC.length() > 0 &&
				   !trSansGC.equalsIgnoreCase(nameSansGC)) {
					//System.err.println("Adding ref " + tr + " to road " + name);
					pl.addRefLabel(lblFile.newLabel(tr));
				}

You can see the additional label will only be added if it differs from the name after the Garmin codes have been stripped from the name.

Cheers.