logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing island names

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Mar 19 16:13:38 GMT 2010

> Now that the waters are displaying fine, with names, I am facing
> another problem: The names of islands are missing when using the
> default style. I do not see them even in the gmapsupp.img file.
>
> Here are two examples that I tried. The first one is very sparsely
> mapped, and the second one is very detailed:

> name=Karjamätäs, place=islet (role=inner in a multipolygon that has
> waterway=riverbank in role=outer)

> name=Seurasaari, place=island, natural=coastline (in the Baltic sea)
>
> There is a place=island in the points file but no place=island or
> place=islet in the polygons file. Would that help? What should the area
> name be set to?
>
> If a natural=coastline is converted to a sea multipolygon by the
> generate-sea code, should the natural=coastline island also be
> converted to a land multipolygon in role=outer and any areas on the
> island in role=inner, so that there would be no drawing conflict with
> areas on the island?
>
> Best regards,
>
> 	Marko

Marko,

first of all: you should not run mkgmap with the patch I created for
you. I don't know for sure but this patch might have an impact on the
tagging.

If you have the same problems without the patch it might also be caused
by the generate-sea code. Copying of names from original ways to the
artificial multipolygon ways seems to be a bit inconsistent. Or in other
words: I didn't understand some parts of the tag handling there :-)
Maybe it's worthy having a look on it.

WanMil