logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] understanding mkgmap logs

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Mar 19 06:42:27 GMT 2010

Hi Maning,

> 2010/03/18 20:31:26 WARNING (StyledConverter): philippines.osm:
> Motorway exit null
> (http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=7.07588&mlon=125.62656&zoom=17)
> has no motorway! (either make the exit share a node with the motorway
> or specify the motorway ref with a exit:road_ref tag)

There is no motorway nearby, and this is a barrier=gate, nothing to do
with motorways. I have seen this when a motorway_link forks in two
branches, or something like that. I fixed it by setting an
exit:road_ref tag on the junction. Do you see this when using the
defaut style? Are you translating barrier=gate to a symbol that is
reserved for motorway exits?

> 2010/03/18 20:31:26 WARNING (StyledConverter): philippines.osm:
> Motorway exit closed subdivision gate
> (http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=14.13477&mlon=120.97857&zoom=17)
> has no motorway! (either make the exit share a node with the motorway
> or specify the motorway ref with a exit:road_ref tag)

Same here: this is barrier=gate.

> In my style I assigned barrier=gate as a highway exit: barrier=gate
> [0x2001 resolution 24]

Why did you do that?

For what it is worth, the default style assigns
highway=motorway_junction to 0x2000 and some barrier=* to 0x660f. I am
also assigning traffic_calming=* to 0x6614, and it works fine.

Best regards,

	Marko