logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Broken Routes based on mkgmap map due to "functional characters" inside name

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Mar 18 21:26:50 GMT 2010

Hi Clinton, Felix,

> > Hi, I just got this comment yesterday via my homepage. Seemingly mkgmap in some circumstances puts ENQ - functional characters into the name of streets (when adding the name from a route relation).
>
> ENQ is ASCII 0x05, which is one of the codes for highway shields.
>
> Perhaps Mark's patch to code around this "crap" would also help here?

As it stands, probably not, but having recently become a little
knowledgeable about this stuff I can guess what's happening. So I will
make a new patch that could possibly help with this issue.

Mark